Moss Coin (MOC) is a cryptocurrency that powers Mossland, a blockchain-based augmented reality (AR) game. It enables users to own virtual real estate and earn rewards for creating AR content. Let’s take an in-depth look at what Moss Coin is and how it functions.
Overview of Moss Coin
Moss Coin was launched in 2018 by Mossland, a South Korean gaming company. It is an ERC-20 utility token built on the Ethereum blockchain.
The total supply of MOC is capped at 500 million tokens. MOC serves as the main currency in the Mossland AR game environment. Users can earn MOC tokens as rewards for gaming activities and use them to purchase virtual real estate assets.
How Mossland’s AR Game Works
Mossland allows players to own landmarks and locations in augmented reality. For example, users can obtain virtual ownership of a section of the Eiffel Tower or Times Square.
Owners can then develop their virtual landplots by placing AR objects and customizing it with various themes. Other players who visit these locations in AR can view and interact with the created landscapes.
Additionally, users are rewarded with MOC tokens for creating and sharing AR content like photos or videos. The better a user’s AR creation, the more rewards they receive when others view or like it.
Benefits of the Moss Coin Ecosystem
There are several benefits provided by using MOC tokens and participating in the Mossland metaverse:
- Own virtual assets — MOC allows users to purchase and own one-of-a-kind virtual real estate tied to real locations.
- Earn from AR creations — Users can earn MOC by creating engaging AR content that attracts other players.
- Trade on exchanges — MOC is traded on several cryptocurrency exchanges, enabling speculation and liquidity.
- Participate in governance — MOC holders can vote on decisions about the project’s development.
- Store of value — Since MOC has a limited supply, it is designed to increase in value as demand for the token grows over time.
MOC Use Cases
There are several use cases for MOC within the Mossland platform:
- Purchasing virtual real estate — MOC can be used to buy virtual land plots or ownership of specific landmarks and buildings. Users can then develop and monetize these assets.
- ARNFT minting — MOC is required to mint AR Non-Fungible Tokens (ARNFTs) representing user-created AR objects, which can then be sold in the marketplace.
- Staking — Users can stake their MOC holdings to earn staking rewards and participate in platform governance.
- Converting to fiat — MOC earned in the game can be sold on exchanges for fiat currency like USD, KRW, EUR etc. if users desire to cash out.
- Voting — Staked MOC can be used for voting on platform developments and key decisions about the ecosystem.
Future Roadmap Plans
Mossland has an extensive roadmap planned for enhancing the project:
- Expanding the AR world to cover more global landmarks and locations.
- Adding new gaming content and mechanics.
- Enabling peer-to-peer ARNFT trading within the app.
- Launching additional Mossland-developed games that integrate with MOC.
- Forming partnerships to boost MOC adoption and visibility.
In summary, Moss Coin is the native utility token that enables virtual real estate ownership and rewards for AR content creation within the innovative Mossland gaming metaverse. MOC has valuable use cases within the ecosystem and remains one of the more unique blockchain gaming projects out there.